Greetings unto the Populace of Innilgard!
I am nearing the end of my term as Seneschal. As such I will be formally opening applications for a successor. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch. Any application should cover your membership details, including membership number and expiry, and cover any relevant mundane OR SCA experience that you feel will assist you in the role.
The Baronial Seneschal serves to foster the group’s operation and development. You work for the Kingdom Seneschal and with the Baron and Baroness to ensure that Barony is healthy and sustainable, meeting the goals of our organization, compliant in its reporting requirements and connected to the rest of the SCA. Basically, you help empower the group’s populace and officers to succeed!
There are a number of requirements of a Baronial Seneschal, any number of which can be delegated to willing volunteers.
A group Seneschal:
– Serves as the principal mundane legal representative of the SCA within your group (you are accountable for ensuring the group is compliant with Lochac and SCA policy)
– Receives reports from all group officers on the status of their office, supports them achieving their goals if they are facing challenges and works with the relevant Kingdom officer to find successors
– Makes such reports as may be required by the Crown – which, in Lochac, is every quarter
– Chairs the Baronial Council meetings
– Approves events with consultation from the Group and sets the Calendar of events.
– Works with the Reeve to approve purchases and expenses while ensuring documentation through Council.
– Ensures that the Group knows what is going on through regular communication with the Populace.
– Encourages and supports group events, projects and ideas
– Ensures that regular activities, such as Sunday training sessions, are run smoothly with required officers
In Innilgard there is also the expectation of the Seneschal stewarding Foundation day Picnic at the end of the year, every year.
You should be:
– Very comfortable communicating in person and online (email, website, social media)
– Good negotiation/arbitration skills
– Able to see the “big picture”/think strategically
– Strong administrative skills
– Able to respond effectively to a wide range of situations and people
– Familiar with Lochac and Society laws and policies
– Must be a member of the SCA.
– Must be at least 18 years old.
– While not required in law, must have access to a stable internet connection and email.
– Must be willing and able to perform the duties of the office.
If you are interested in this role, please email an application to:
Applications will close Friday, 4th of August 2017 with changeover due to happen at La Prova Dura subject to confirmation and commentary.
Lord Amos Ironbeard, Seneschal