The Meetings listed below are open for all to attend – these meetings/ training are generally non-garbed, meaning just wear your regular clothes.
Our weekly gatherings at Beulah Park are official SCA events and therefore attract a $10 non-member insurance fee for each adult attendee ($5 for minors). If you are interested in purchasing a membership ($45/12 months) please click here – signing up for membership will remove the need to pay the $10 insurance cost. A $2 donation is also required to help cover hall hire (just once per day even if you attend all the meetings/ training on the day). This is to cover our Hall Hire, tea, coffee, snacks and provides funds for things like our end of year BBQ. For a breakdown of payment methods (beyond just bringing cash on the day) have a look at our Sunday Training Payment Methods page.
Minors are welcome to attend, but they must have a parent/guardian present. A parent/guardian can also nominate another adult each event or training session as a caregiver to serve this purpose, please ask the Constable for a form, or print one yourself (2017 form here).
Our Weekly Sunday training/get-together at the Girl Guides Hall – Mellor Reserve, Brand St, Beulah Park includes:
- Monthly Baronial Meeting usually third Sunday of the month, all welcome. 11:30 am onwards – We plan coming activities and discuss organisational issues. Officers are requested to attend. Council meeting times to be determined at each prior meeting.
- Arts & Sciences Sundays at 10:00 am – An opportunity to work on Baronial projects, with different classes and workshops each month, keep an eye out on the News page for more information on workshops.
- Dance Practice Generally Sunday from 11 am – Ever 2nd Saturday, check the News page for more details.
- Unarmoured Combat (Rapier and Cut & Thrust) Sundays from 12:00-2:00 pm
- Armoured Combat (Heavy) Sundays from 10:00 am.
Our activities on a regular Sunday aim to wind up by 2pm.
Outside of our gatherings at Beulah Park, members of our group host other gatherings of interest:
- Scribes Workshop third Saturday of the month, 10am-4pm. Dernancourt, contact the Warden of Scribes, Fionn inghean ui Mheadhra (Fionn o’Mara) email@example.com.
This is currently on hiatus but will be starting up soon.
- Arts & Sciences Nights
A&S Meetups will be being held in a new location from the 7th August. From this date they will be held in the clubroom of the ABC building in Collingswood. This also means we will be moving A&S Meetups to a monthly structure on the first Monday of the month. As normal, announcements will go out before each Meetup to serve as reminder.
85 North East Road. Collinswood. There is parking available both roadside and in the attached carpark, being careful not to use the reserved spaces in the carpark, please be sure to check signage. Enter through the front door and sign in using the kiosk at the security desk in order to receive your identification tag. An officer will be available to open the security doors and lead you to the club room.
Sign in Process
Select Mini Mammoth Games
Enter your details
Select David Mccan
Attendees must sign in as they do at Sunday training, so bring your membership card. Additional $10 fee for non-members. Please contact Dytryk Lehrer for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archery second Saturday of each month from 11 am, 45B Yeates Road, Woodchester – contact the Captain of Archers for more info email@example.com
University groups within our barony:
The College of Blessed Herman is the Adelaide University branch of the SCA and runs their own series of get-togethers and training. These include:
- Free Tuesday training from 6-8 pm at the Math Lawns at the University of Adelaide, with a regular booking for a pub dinner afterward at the British in North Adelaide.
- To stay up to date with their latest events and updates, visit their Facebook page: College of Blessed Herman the Cripple
The College of Saint Christina the Astonishing is the Flinders University branch of the SCA and runs their own series of get-togethers and training.
- To stay up to date with their latest events and updates, visit their Facebook page: College of Saint Christina the Astonishing
Heat Policy: Training will be canceled if the forecast temperature (according to the Bureau of Meteorology) is predicted to be above 36 C during training times.
The seneschal or their representative will determine the Saturday before Sunday training if the BOM has predicted the temperature to be above 36 C before 2pm. They will post on the Facebook groups and in the Innilgard e-mail to notify the Barony of the cancellation.
Rain policy: For the safety of our participants, the Heavy Marshal and the Rapier Marshal will determine if training is to be canceled if heavy rains are predicted or if the grounds of the park are too saturated. We must be mindful not only of ourselves and our friends but of the land we borrow from the city. They will post on the Facebook groups and in the Innilgard e-mail to notify the Barony of the cancellation.
Event Policy: meetings/trainings will generally be canceled if they clash with an Event. Check the Events Page to confirm.