The Meetings listed below are open for all to attend – these meetings/ training are generally non-garbed, meaning just bring your regular clothes.
Our weekly gatherings at Beulah Park are official SCA events and therefore attract a $10 non-member insurance fee for each adult attendee ($5 minors). If you are interested in purchasing a membership ($45/12 months) please click here – signing up for membership will remove the need to pay the $10 insurance cost. A $2 donation is also required to help cover hall hire (just once per day even if you attend all the meetings/ training on the day). This is to cover our Hall Hire, tea, coffee, snacks and provides funds for things like our end of year BBQ. For a breakdown of payment methods (beyond just bringing cash on the day) have a look at our Sunday Training Payment Methods page.
Minors are welcome to attend, but they must have a parent/guardian present. A parent/guardian can also nominate another adult each event or training session as a caregiver to serve this purpose, please ask the Constable for a form, or print one yourself (2017 form here).
Our Weekly Sunday training/get-together at the Girl Guides Hall – Mellor Reserve, Brand St, Beulah Park includes:
- Monthly Baronial Meeting usually third Sunday of the month, all welcome. 11:00 am – We plan coming activities and discuss organisational issues. Officers are requested to attend. Council meeting times to be determined at each prior meeting. Oct meeting to be 11:30 Oct 16
- Arts & Sciences Sundays at 12 noon – An opportunity to work on Baronial projects, with different classes and workshops each month.
- Dance Practice Generally Sunday from 11 am – keep an eye out for announcements as this is no longer regular.
- Unarmoured Combat (Rapier and Cut & Thrust) Sundays from 12-2pm,
- Armoured Combat (Heavy) Sundays from 2 pm. As of the 16th of October, Heavy training will move to start at 10am.
Our activities on a regular Sunday aim to wind up by 4 pm. However, as of the 16th of October, training will end at 2pm.
Outside of our gatherings at Beulah Park, members of our group host other gatherings of interest:
- Scribes Workshop third Saturday of the month, 10am-4pm. Dernancourt, contact the Warden of Scribes, Fionn inghean ui Mheadhra (Fionn o’Mara) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts & Sciences Nights Monday night A&S is held in most months at Beefacres Community Hall, 10 Pittwater Dr, Windsor Gardens. All are welcome to attend. Classes are often scheduled, but this is also a good space to work on personal projects, chat and get inspiration from others. Upcoming dates are advertised on the Baronial Facebook page and via the group email list. No garb is required. Kitchen facilities are minimal so feel free to bring snacks and drinks. Bring whatever tools/resources you need.$2 fee required to cover hall costs. Attendees must sign in as they do at Sunday training, so bring your membership card. Additional $10 fee for non-members. Please contact Fionn inghean ui Mheadhra (Fionn o’Mara) for more info email@example.com
- Archery second Saturday of each month from 11 am, 45B Yeates Road, Woodchester – contact the Captain of Archers for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
Unversity groups within our barony:
The College of Blessed Herman is the Adelaide University branch of the SCA and runs their own series of get-togethers and training. These include:
- Free Tuesday training from 6-8 pm at the Math Lawns at the University of Adelaide, with a regular booking for a pub dinner afterward at the British in North Adelaide.
- To stay up to date with their latest events and updates, visit their Facebook page: College of Blessed Herman the Cripple
The College of Saint Christina the Astonishing is the Flinders University branch of the SCA and runs their own series of get-togethers and training.
- To stay up to date with their latest events and updates, visit their Facebook page: College of Saint Christina the Astonishing
COVID19 Policy information here.
Heat Policy: Training will be canceled if the forecast temperature (according to the Bureau of Meteorology) is predicted to be above 36 C during training times.
The seneschal or their representative will determine the Saturday before Sunday training if the BOM has predicted the temperature to be above 36 C before 2pm. They will post on the Facebook groups and in the Innilgard e-mail to notify the Barony of the cancellation.
Rain policy: For the safety of our participants, the Heavy Marshal and the Rapier Marshal will determine if training is to be canceled if heavy rains are predicted or if the grounds of the park are too saturated. We must be mindful not only of ourselves and our friends but of the land we borrow from the city. They will post on the Facebook groups and in the Innilgard e-mail to notify the Barony of the cancellation.
Event Policy: meetings/trainings will generally be canceled if they clash with an Event. Check the Events Page to confirm.