The Meetings listed below are open for all to attend – these meetings/ training are generally non-garbed, meaning just bring your regular clothes.
Our weekly gatherings at Beulah Park are official SCA events and therefore attract a $10 non-member insurance fee for each adult attendee ($5 minors). If you are interested in purchasing a membership ($45/12 months) please click here. A $2 donation is also required to help cover hall hire (just once per day even if you attend all the meetings/ training on the day). This is to cover our Hall Hire, tea, coffee, snacks and provides funds for things like our end of year BBQ.
Minors are welcome to attend, but they must have a parent/guardian present. A parent/guardian can also nominate another adult each event or training session as a caregiver to serve this purpose, please ask the Constable for a form, or print one yourself (2017 form here).
Note: If the forecast temperature is over 36 degrees Celsius meetings & training will be canceled. Likewise, if the weather is otherwise dangerous/foul – common sense rules apply.
Our Weekly Sunday training/get together at the Girl Guides Hall – Mellor Reserve, Brand St, Beulah Park includes:
- Monthly Baronial Meeting usually third Sunday of the month, 11:00 am – We plan coming activities and discuss organisational issues. All are welcome. Officers are requested to attend.
- Arts & Sciences Sundays at 12 noon – An opportunity to work on Baronial projects, with different classes and workshops each month.
- Dance Practice Generally Sunday from 11 am – keep an eye out for annoucements as this is no longer regular.
- Unarmoured Combat (Rapier and Cut & Thrust) Sundays from 12 pm
- Armoured Combat (Heavy) Sundays from 2 pm
Our activities on a regular Sunday aim to wind up by 4 pm.
Outside of our gatherings at Beulah Park, members of our group host other gatherings of interest:
- Scribes Workshop third Saturday of the month, 10am-4pm. Dernancourt, contact the Warden of Scribes, Fionn inghean ui Mheadhra (Fionn o’Mara) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts & Sciences Nights Monday night A&S is held fortnightly at Beefacres Community Hall, 10 Pittwater Dr, Windsor Gardens. All are welcome to attend. Classes are often scheduled, but this is also a good space to work on personal projects, chat and get inspiration from others. No garb is required. Kitchen facilities are minimal so feel free to bring snacks and drinks. Bring whatever tools/resources you need.$2 fee required to cover hall costs. Attendees must sign in as they do at Sunday training, so bring your membership card. Additional $5 fee for non-members. Please contact Fionn inghean ui Mheadhra (Fionn o’Mara) for more info email@example.com
- Archery second Saturday of each month from 11 am, 45B Yeates Road, Woodchester – contact the Captain of Archers for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
The College of Blessed Herman is the Adelaide University branch of the SCA and runs their own series of get-togethers and training. These include:
- Tuesday trainings from 6-8 pm at the Math Lawns at the University of Adelaide, with a regular booking for a pub dinner afterwards at the British in North Adelaide.
- To stay up to date with their latest events and updates, visit their facebook page: College of Blessed Herman the Cripple
The College of Saint Christina the Astonishing is the Flinders University branch of the SCA and runs their own series of get-togethers and training.
- To stay up to date with their latest events and updates, visit their facebook page: College of Saint Christina the Astonishing
Note that meetings will generally be canceled if they clash with an Event. Check the Events Page to confirm.