Unless otherwise noted A&S Competitions focus on articles/inspiration from pre-1600 CE. Entrants must submit competition paperwork with each entry and documentation is highly desirable.
Competitions are a great way to get feedback on your work and focus your research. If you feel inspired to enter a competition, the following competitions are coming up soon:
Barons’ Championship: 11 March 2017 (Innilgard)
- An item inspired by or to honour the Baron
Eclipse Heraldic Tourney: 26 March 2017 (Innilgard)
- Something that floats on water
- A new heraldic item
Festival 2017: (Rowany, NSW)
- Laurel’s Prize Tourney (not really a competition! More info
May Crown 2017: (Abertridwr, Perth) Kingdom Competition
- A piece of illumination
- Able to be consumed
- Concept for a period event
- WCoB: Flowers comp (any style)
Lambapalooza: 21 May 2017 (Innilgard)
- Gobbled Fret Competition – Any lamb themed dish(es).
- Brewers, Vintners and Imbibers – Cider(s).
- Broiders – Embroidery in a period style with a lamb/sheep theme
- College of Scribes – Period style sheep / lamb illumination.
- Cooks – Any period Lamb dish(es).
- Entertainers Guild – Song or Poem about / containing sheep / lambs.
- Fibre Guild – A woolen textile or weaving.
- Painters and Limners Guild – A period style painting including sheep / lamb(s)
- Royal Guild of Defence – Prizes played between 12:30 and 13:30.
- Tailors, Haberdashers and Mercers – Woolen Garment or Accessory.
- The Woolly Folly – This is a non guild (non period) category for lamb related item(s) to be judged by the Baroness and Baron.
Midwinter 2017: (Cluain Hamilton NZ) Kingdom Competition
- For a garden
- From the 14th Century
- WCoB: Metalwork
November Crown 2017: (Ynys Fawr, Tasmania) Kingdom Competition
- From Norse and Baltic cultures (8-11thC)
- WCoB: Period Sewing Kit
12th Night 2018:
- WCoB: Working sampler
WCoB (Worshipful Company of Broderers) run separate Guild-based competitions focusing on embroidery techniques. More details can be found here: http://broiderers.lochac.sca.org/
Please contact the Baronial Arts & Sciences Officer if you have any queries regarding A&S Competitions. Links to competition paperwork will go up shortly, and information sessions on judging and entering A&S competitions will be run soon.